Wednesday, January 13, 2010

4 Things that does not proof "Juanita du Plessis" a Christian

Someone once said that 90% of what most Christians know about Christianity, is what they hear from songwriters and read on the back of T-shirts. This is quite a statement to make, but if you really think about it? I may be wrong but I came to the conclusion than most so called Christian musicians have only one goal and that is to sell records. Course this cannot be said about every Christian Artist, one who I know is truly living to sing the praises of GOD, because his life speaks of it, is Sakkie Parsons. And there are others, but sad to say they are in the minority.


But what about those like Juanita, who sings Sunday in Church and Monday to Saturday in the most devilish places. The other day I saw a posters saying “Come see Juanita du Plessis Saturday in Presley’s Boksburg”. Now if you know this place you would agree that this is not a place for God’s children. And she definitely did not went there to be a witness singing “Ons Koning Kom”. I feel that if a person really had an encounter with GOD and became a born-again Christian, he wil not go to Presley’s for entertainment. Then why would a true born-again Christian artist go to sing there?

This is why I decided to make these 4 statements: (Things that does not proof Juanita du Plessis saved.)

1. To proclaim the Name Jesus, does not proof you are saved: (Mat 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? (23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.) If I have to go to the Union Building today and go to the gate asking to see the president. Do you think they will let me in? Even if I say that I know him. They will laugh at me. But if the president comes to the gate saying he knows me, man I’m going in!

2. To produce a Gospel CD does not proof that you are saved: (Ecc 7:5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.) Today the Name Jesus or the titel Gospel has been reduced down to nothing more than a label or a tag to sell products. Just like Nike, Adidas or any other label.


3. To Sing in Churches on Sunday does not proof that you are saved: (Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God:) For many years people have been taught by blind leaders that they can live like the devil Monday to Saturday night 12hoo and then go to church on Sunday, and as long as they pay tithing they are saved and on their way to heaven. Then they say the difference is they are only Carnal Christians. Sounds more to me like a Deceive on Purpose Rick Warren story. There is no such thing as a Carnal Christian! What is the difference between this and someone singing Monday to Saturday for the world in the most wicked night clubs and because they have a gospel CD they sing in Churches on Sunday. And shepherds who will allow that are blind and their only motive is to draw crowds.


4. If all Christians buys and listens to your music it does not proof you to be saved: (Luk 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.) If every person in this world buy and listen to your music it would not proof you to be save anymore than the drunk singing on the sidewalk. It will however sell you records and make you famous.

I have no doubt that God has blessed Juanita and many other singers with the a outstanding ability to sing and I cannot and will not judge her motives, but I will say this: The only proof there can ever be that Juanita or any other person on this world including you are saved:


It has to be a life that shows continues turning away from the world and a hate for the things that God hates and a love for the things that God loves.

Mat 7:16-20 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
(17) Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
(18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
(19) Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
(20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

1 comment:

  1. I can't agree more, as the Word of God clearly states in "Deu 5:11 You are not to make use of the name of the Lord your God for an evil purpose; whoever takes the Lord's name on his lips for an evil purpose will be judged as a sinner by the Lord." Thats why the Lord Himself say in "Mat 7:21 Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will go into the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the pleasure of my Father in heaven." and surely to keep on entertaining sinners in this world DOES NOT please the Father, using Gods name to make money reminds me of a wolf in sheep clothing.

    ReplyDelete